Paid Advertisement

Ravens’ health looking up as season-opening showdown with Kansas City nears

8

Paid Advertisement

Podcast Audio Vault

8
8

Paid Advertisement

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — The Ravens face quite a challenge traveling to Kansas City to open the 2024 season against the defending Super Bowl champions in a rematch of last January’s AFC title game.

But they’re on track to have nearly the entire 53-man roster available with rookie outside linebacker Adisa Isaac (hamstring) being the only player absent from Sunday’s practice. The first injury report of the week won’t be released until Monday afternoon, but center Tyler Linderbaum (neck) and tight end Mark Andrews have now logged multiple practices after missing extensive time in August.

Ex-Ravens wide receiver Marquise Brown (shoulder) was the only player on the Chiefs’ 53-man roster not taking part in Sunday’s practice, per multiple outlets. Kansas City head coach Andy Reid has already said that Brown isn’t expected to play Thursday night.

Andrews was involved in a car accident on Aug. 14, but it’s unclear whether his absence stemmed from that or another ailment unrelated to the crash. Either way, the three-time Pro Bowl selection deemed himself ready to go after Friday’s practice without delving into specifics regarding his health.

“I feel really good. I’m excited for this game,” Andrews said. “It’s a big game. The guys have been working hard, and my body feels great. And for me, I’m moving forward.”

After wearing a red non-contact jersey in his first couple practices since returning to the field early last week, Linderbaum was wearing his normal practice jersey in the portion of Sunday’s workout open to reporters.

8

Reserve quarterback Tyler Huntley was on the practice field Sunday after officially signing to the Ravens’ practice squad on Saturday. Having served as Lamar Jackson’s primary backup from the end of the 2020 campaign through last season, Huntley signed with Cleveland in March, but the Browns released him from their 53-man roster on Thursday.

The Ravens committed to the 38-year-old Josh Johnson as the No. 2 quarterback back in March, but that didn’t stop general manager Eric DeCosta from bringing back Huntley for extra insurance, especially in the wake of rookie sixth-round quarterback Devin Leary struggling mightily in the preseason and landing on the practice squad.

“He’ll be in as our third quarterback at this time right here,” said head coach John Harbaugh about Huntley. “He kind of knows the offense. It’s a lot different maybe in some ways than it was when he was here, but a lot the same too. He’ll have to relearn a lot of things and see where we’re at since he’s been gone, but he’s been doing a good job of that — very diligent. We’re happy to have him back.”

Share the Post:
8

Paid Advertisement

Right Now in Baltimore

Twelve Ravens Thoughts following press conference for Jesse Minter's new coordinators

Twelve Ravens Thoughts following press conference for Jesse Minter's new coordinators

Luke Jones offers his latest purple musings after hearing from Declan Doyle, Anthony Weaver, and Anthony Levine on Wednesday.
Doubling up on the original numbers

Doubling up on the original numbers

Big winners report in daily at the Maryland Lottery headquarters but it's always fun when it's a million dollars on the Eastern Shore in a fun winner scratch-off person with a perfect plan. Executive Director John Martin returns to update us on all things spring and winning ahead for the lucky ones.
It's time to soiree with O.J. on Friday the 27th

It's time to soiree with O.J. on Friday the 27th

The amazing gift of O.J. Brigance continues to give to the universe and he'll be back with the Brigance Brigade on February 27th as the "Soiree With O.J." continues to raise awareness, funding and real support for families affected by ALS. Drew Vanlandingham of The Brigance Brigade updates Nestor on The Juice and plans ahead for the event and the future of everyone's favorite local hero.
8
8
8

Paid Advertisement

Scroll to Top
Verified by MonsterInsights